Thursday, November 5, 2009

Maturity

So last night I got the rare chance to see an old face that I don't really get a chance to see or even talk to for that matter and it was REALLY refreshing just to catch up. Caught up on school, friends, Christ, relationships, and other random happenings and we both came to one thought. We don't know anything! Looking back to our freshman year we both respected and looked up to our upperclassmen. They seemed to have all the answers and spoke great words of wisdom into our hearts that taught and convicted us to live our lives for God. But here we are as seniors (in our case 4th years) and we both sat there wondering... "So God ... where is this wisdom you gave our older brothers and sisters? How come we don't seem to have all the answers?"

It's kind of funny. I wrote the above portion earlier this afternoon before heading to Passion tonight and ran out of time to finish so I just left this post undone on my laptop. I don't remember what I was going to say or how I was going to finish this post off before Passion but after tonight's revival I know this post is going to go in a completely different direction than I had originally intended.

Tonight's Passion was REALLY good for me. While the message was very light, it hit me hard. As we grow older, whether we like it or not we continuously grow content and cocky. Realizing last night that I don't know squat was just the tip of the iceberg in regards to not knowing anything. As Pastor Sam spoke tonight, he called for us to cry out to God and be like David when he had lost his family and had his own army threaten him with death. Instead of responding in anger or turning to flee, the bible says that David turned to God.

I was going to write earlier about how insecure it feels to not know these answers when there are those around us who look to us and are seeking answers from us. But right now the answer stands in front of me as a slap in the face reminder. CRY out to God! Instead of looking for other ways to get an answer or seek ways to escape our issues, selfishly lay our burdens before God. So right now while I may not have the answers, I know that this is what I can contribute as an example to help those before, behind, and besides me. :) LIVE OUT LOUD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment