Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Childish

So I start with digressing from my title right away. NINJA ASSASSIN!!!! Okay... to be honest it wasn't that good. Girls if you really want to see Rain, I hope you don't have a weak stomach for blood and gore and seeing people's heads cut open. Terrible dialogue and plot but the action was SICKKKK!!!! :D

Okay back on track. So on my way back from the movies I was walking back from the bus stop and I saw these two kids poking their heads out the window of the SUV they were in. My first thought was... "Wow, what kind of parents let their kids do something like that? I mean seriously the kids had half of their body OUT OF THE WINDOW!" But I was actually really blessed by what they said as they were at the red light. They were looking at the Verizon building that's in Chinatown. It's right across the street from Hong Kong bakery and Choo Choo's. They were looking and pointing at it and said with such amazement, "WOOOOOOOOOOOW that building is SOOOO BIG AND PRETTY!!!!!" When I looked at the building all I saw was, an internet service that cuts out every now and then, and a cell phone that doesn't do what I want it to do such as making calls and sending texts.

But as I thought about it, I was really blessed by those kids' amazement at such a puny and awkwardly placed building. This isn't one of those beauty in the broken posts but instead what struck me most was the kids' perspective on the things around them. This past week Pastor Young spoke of how God baby's us a lot when were young and as we grow older and more mature, there is less of it because we know where to find our footing in God. But I think there is another point to this whole topic of God babying us less and less. Aside from growing older and more mature, I wish for that childlike perspective again, where everything around me is truly amazing so that I can find continual refreshment in the blessings in my life. I think this is an awesome way to look at things going into Thanksgiving. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment