Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Superheroes

So far here's my take on life this semester. It's lonely, it's busy, and full of so many things that need to be done but for some reason I'm stepping back instead of up. Maybe it's just the group of people that I associate with but this fall seems kind of depressing. Even some people I know who are in relationships are still saying how lonely this world is. As I was reflecting with someone earlier last week, I realized that even though it seems pretty lonely and depressing right now, I'm not alone. I don't mean this in a profound religious way because in my case God will always be with me :).

I think all of us have our own superheroes that are with us. I'm not talking about our childish fantasies of the Justice League or our local policeman and firefighters, but the friends that we have that will be there for us when we fall flat on our faces. Even though a lot of us are busy right now and drowning in our own work and issues, there are those superheroes who I know would drop their stuff and come save me, and I would do the exact same for them. It's a comforting feeling thinking about that, and it's something that has shown me how grateful I am for the friends and company I've been blessed with, and I'm sure you know who you are. If not then I have issues conveying that and I need to thank you more.

My challenge for those of you guys who are reading this and have been feeling that lonely fall depressed mood is that you should think of who the superheroes are in your life and find comfort in the company God has blessed you with. Sometimes the thing to cure those bad feelings is really close by (wow that sounded really really sappy). :)


No comments:

Post a Comment