Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Shatter My Darkness

So yesterday I fell in love with this song by Matt Maher named "Alive Again." To be honest, at first I didn't really like it. The rhythm in the intro is kind of awkward feeling but the lyrics are good. The chorus is what I fell in love with though.

"You called and You shouted,
Broke through my deafness
Now I'm breathing in and breathing out,
I'm alive again
You shattered my darkness
Washed away my blindness
Now I'm breathing in and breathing out
I'm alive again"

Have you ever felt like God is yelling at you but because you hold on to these other materialistic things, you can't hear what He really has to say and offer? I really like the line "You shattered my darkness" because I feel like we hold onto these things for more than they're worth and God comes in and just breaks us. Right now I'm really praying that God come down and breaks me once again. Whatever things that are hindering me, thoughts that confuse me, I just pray that He washes these things. I just want to go back to being kid again with none of these worries or feelings that are running through my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment