Monday, September 21, 2009

Anything That Can Go Wrong Will Go Wrong

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." This is better known as Murphy's Law. Today without a doubt, is a great example of this. This weekend, (while having an awesome weeked :D) I had to write a bunch of reports for numerous classes. I had to email my draft to my group mates so they could revise it and then turn it in. Apparently it did not get done and my professor is very strict about accepting late work, so I apologized and begged to see if maybe she'll think about accepting the work that was thirty minutes late. After that, my mom called me today to tell me that her closest friend's son, who was also a friend and childhood playmate of mine past away. While I haven't talked to him in a very long time, it's really sad that I know I won't be able to see him again when I go back to Chicago to visit. Since, I was rushing this morning to turn in my report late, I rushed out of my apartment without thinking and thus forgot my laptop charger and my textbook at home. Without my charger, I would have to stay confined to the loud and obnoxious tech center for 5 hours while I study and work on my other two remaining reports. And just my luck that my Gmail account and Firefox crashed in the lab so I had to wait for people to finish up on other computers so I could log into a new one and continue my work.

So yea, I mean of course there are plenty of worse things that could happen, and yes I should probably not be saying this because it might end up jinxing my day leading to make it worse, but I don't care. A friend commented on my Facebook today with this verse in response to how I said my day has been just terrible.

2 Corinthians 4:7-12

7But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. 12So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.


Even though this day thus far has been extremely crappy, and my work ethic has gone down the crapper for the day, I found comfort in this verse. For now at least, I can take all the scenarios my head is cranking out, the bad day, and homework and put them aside knowing that we have this treasure in jars of clay.

P.S. I have awesome friends <3

No comments:

Post a Comment