Monday, August 31, 2009

Empty Nesters

So the time has finally come. A new school year has begun and today was the first day but a little more on that later. More importantly, my sister now is starting college which means my parents are now without children at home. I guess this means more parental nagging. Already within less than 5 days of us moving back to school my parents have gone really far. Calling more often to check up on me to telling me to watch out for swine flu and be prepared and buy those masks to cover your mouth when you go outside. It has even gotten so far to the point where they are now asking me about my ATM withdrawals. Today, I was asked if I am withdrawing money for drugs, or illegal activities, if I have any debts and have people chasing after me. This continued on to, if I now am spending money on a girl and if I am sexually active. You can imagine the frustration that's going on here. You would think that after cleaning up academically in an attempt to get my parents to leave me alone a little bit would make things better. *Sigh* I guess the grass is always greener.

No comments:

Post a Comment