Thursday, November 25, 2010

Gobble Gobble Give Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving guys! Thanksgiving is so different this year. First off it is a lot louder, and there are grade schoolers running around my living room chasing each other with turkey on their forks. Second, what used to be just my family and one other family has turned into 18 people in our house with a majority I don't know. Yea, I'm a spoiled brat who wishes for some consistency in my Thanksgiving this year haha. Regardless, I am still really thankful for a lot of things and people this year. I know a lot of them don't read this but hey whatever, I just want to put it out there! :)

Family- I love my family. Parents, sibling, cousins, the whole nine yards. You guys are awesome, and together we make such and awesome team hehehe.

O-Family- My other family! I love you guys so much. Our crazy hail week practices, our random outings. Karaoke at karaoke or karaoke in the car and serenading the girls while we drop them off at their dorms. We are truly awesome and I love every moment we spend together whether I'm really cranky in the morning or we're just being completely ridiculous and wacky. You guys bless me in so many ways and I don't think I tell you guys that enough <3

The Tripod!- I think we may have sprouted another leg this year but regardless, I love you guys. Our Halo-ing, our random talks, and stupid things that we do. You guys got my back even when I'm completely stressed and out of my mind. It was the best of times and it was the worst of times. You guys are there at all times!

The Tasty Noms Crusaders (real nickname pending)- haha we only just started having our dinners, and our random midnight movie premiere outings, but I feel a need to list you guys in here. You guys are the part of life that keeps me sane during school/stress/whatever is bugging me. Cooking, splurging on food, getting fat, and watching movies. It's a feel good kind of thing we got going and I love experimenting with food and sharing food/ conversations/ our lives with each other! :D Let's keep it going!

The Joon- I love you man. I legit love you no homo. We've been through so much and I love how no matter how much time has passed we always call each other to keep up and share. I know you always got my back no strings attached.

The Meena- My confidante. Meena I love how we just have our random conversations all these years and how we find joy by living through each other vicariously at times! I'm so happy I've gotten to see so much more of you this year. It makes me happy that we are able to keep up with each other more :).

The Cabinet- Haha you guys know who you are. You guys are my advisors, and some of my closest friends. We talk all the time about everything and nothing, and we share prayer requests. You put up with my random rants, and we watch each other grow as time goes on :). I cherish you guys a lot for the talks we have and the time we've spent jamming, watching shows/movies, totally bumming around. :D. Love you all!

and saving the best for last!!!!!!..

The Girlfriend- haha yes I am a sap and I am mad cheesy for putting you last on this list, and yes, I already have told you today how thankful I am for you and why I am thankful for you. Jo, you're are one of my best friends and we definitely have been through a lot together. We've seen each other at our best and our worst... at least so far hehe. I love the way we can be completely honest with one another about pretty much anything. We are pretty freaking awesome <3.

... okay I'm not completely done.

A Prayer of Thanks.
God, You've been moving like crazy in my life this semester. Yea there have been a lot of rough patches but I've definitely learned so much this term. I've learned about You, about me, and my faith, and what I need to do to grow and evolve. Recently, You've taught me a little more about how to stress less about life, and my relationships with others and that as long as I single mindedly (<-- yes I realize that's not a word.)and whole heartedly look to you, You will deliver me from whatever is bothering me. You constantly deliver great things in to my life and You deliver me from evil. I love you.

Amen! I hope all of you guys got fat and can't move!

1 comment:

  1. am i the joon? LOL. totes just kidding.

    am very thankful for you as well. one of these days i will marathon kdramas or something with jo and we'll consider letting you in on it. ^^
    in all sincerity though. you helped me through some rough patches of my own~ and continue to do so in good spirits. how you manage to put up with me continues to boggle me. you are a wonder matt ho.

    anyhoo. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! in terms of the how much i may have consumed this thanksgiving dinner... you know me. :P

    ReplyDelete