Monday, February 22, 2010

Take the Lead

There's something about dance that can't really be put in to words. I love dance. The way you can learn things about people just from dancing with them or watching them dance without even talking with them. Dance can tell you some things about people that words would never tell you. It can even tell you things about yourself that you didn't know. By no stretch am I good at tango yet, but one thing I have respect for are the guys that do it. You have to be bold and conscious about the connection you have with your partner, and the signals you give with your body so that your partner can follow your lead. It does wonders for self confidence and I definitely feel better about myself even though I was tripping all over the floor at the Milonga and was nervous because everyone around me was so good. It's safe to say that I'm in love with dance. Granted I'm not even that good at it, but I love the connection with it and the emotion behind it. It could be as simple as leading a girl around a gym to a tango, or something as special as praising God in body worship. I love the expression it allows me and the fact that it can say the things that I'm no good at articulating. I love it. :) I think it's fair to say if I date a girl, she's got to be able to dance.... actually that sounds bad. It doesn't matter if shes good at it or not, she's also gotta have a love for it too... or something like that haha :P

No comments:

Post a Comment