Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bring It In

It's time for me to bring it in. It's a very vague statement I know, but it's something that's been on my mind for a while. You can either agree or disagree with this next statement, but I feel like I'm kind of a floater. I can't stay in one place for too long, and its very true with the people I associate myself. I mean, I definitely have my close circle of friends and what not, but when I think about it, I've always been the kind of guy who was more spread out in terms of being social instead of solely focused on one group or a few certain people.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, I'll have to take you back to high school. In Chicago when I was in high school, I was a competitive figure skater that would spend about 3-4 hours on ice, 1-2 at the gym, and go to class every day. On top of this schedule, I somehow managed to play tennis my freshman year, participate on the chess team, play in the ping pong club, and somehow land myself in detention for finding my way up to the roof of my high school.

In Jersey, I was doing track, serving/ playing on band for youth group, playing chess, in the business club, in the Christian club, all the Asian culture clubs, and still had time to play hacky sack with the kids outside after school was out ( Don't judge me! Hacky sack is awesome!).

I've always been able to kind of mingle with numerous groups and get along with people, and while it's been awesome getting to know so many different people and to experience so many different things, there are definite downsides. While I get to surround myself with so many things, there is no commitment to that one group, and thus some of those BIG and AWESOME moments are lost on me and I never got to fit into just one group. It's sad sometimes hearing your friends talk about an awesome time and then they ask how come you weren't there. Please note that this isn't me saying that I feel not included in any way or form :P.

I guess, I've been spreading myself thin in so many different directions these past years, and now I'm realizing that I have people who are more prominent and important in my life, and that I should bring it in (get it? :P), and focus on the time spent with these people. I still love meeting new people, and experiencing new things, but it's definitely time to refocus and balance some things in my life. So let's bring it in :).


P.S. this choreo is sick!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment