Wednesday, July 15, 2009

WoW! What an Awesome Day

So today I had an opportunity to do something spontaneous. I completely just went with the flow of things and had an awesome day. As some people reading this know, I am a big video gamer. I especially like to play WoW or World of Warcraft when I have the time. Gaming and dorkiness aside, an aspect I really enjoy about the game is the community you get from playing with a bunch of people from all over the world. While a lot of people reading this might think, "COMMUNITY?! A WOW COMMUNITY?!? Sounds like a bunch of boys getting together to have some quality nerd talk," some of these people may surprise you with who they are. I mean, of course there are your group of extreme nerds and insanely weird people but, I've met cops, kid geniuses, people who work for nasa, people working on their PhD in finance, who live overseas, and some kids just like me. None of us know anything about each other and it usually stays that way. Today I got a chance to go hang out with two of them. We took a mini road trip to the jersey shore and spent the day hanging out and getting to meet each other in real life and just kick it. I'm not gonna lie. For a group of people who have never really met and have nothing but a game to bring them together, I had an awesome time. Friendship is such an interesting thing, all you need is people to listen and a person to talk, and you can get the ball rolling with some awesome people. Rinse and repeat! :)

I leave you with some nerd humor. It's kinda old for those of you who know what it is, but to those of you who've never seen it...well... ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment