Thursday, June 4, 2009

Where were we..?

It's been almost three months since I've touched this thing. I guess it's a good thing because I didn't blog during finals and what not but on the other hand, not writing out my thoughts and what's been going on isn't necessarily healthy either. Let's see, in the past three months what has gone on in my life? I've repaired friendships, reestablished contact with people who used to be of great importance in my life, had one of my most academically sound semesters without compensating happiness, finally have a new place to call home, and had my fair share of epiphanies. You could say I'm definitely a lot happier than I was compared to when I originally started writing on this blog. For the three months that I haven't poured my thoughts into this blog, I will start back up with these three thoughts.

LOVE
I start with love. Not love in the sappy, hopeless romantic kind of way but just loving unconditionally. With the patching of relationships comes the awkwardness that follows and learning to love through it has been hard but it has definitely has shown to be worth it. The hardest love lesson I've had to deal with has been family this semester. With my mom's chemo treatments and my dad's constant body aches, my parents haven't necessarily been the friendliest people and it's definitely understandable. I'm not saying that I don't love my parents, but learning to love through things like this is definitely a struggle that I usually run from. God has definitely shown me love and that it is not easy no matter who it is friend or family.

U
P
Great movie, I highly recommend it! I know it was a kids movie but the story itself definitely hit me hard over the head. The lesson learned was that it's not about getting there but about how you got there. The part of the movie that really hit me was how Carl was so desperate to get to his destination that he did not stop for the people around him. He was so single minded that by the time he got there, he was all alone and those around him had abandoned him. By the time he got there he realized that he missed all the experiences along the way. When decided to turn back, he couldn't take off because of all the things weighing down his house. I feel like this is something I struggle with. Staying grounded because it's safe and because I refuse to let go of things in order to take off. This summer, I definitely need to do some house cleaning so I can let God lift me up.

COMFORTABLE
I think somewhere along this path during college I forgot a part of myself. It was a fun part of me that i definitely enjoyed and a part I got to re experience at the beginning of summer. I think that I've become so accustomed to the way things are and just accepted them that I let it change me. I need to stop thinking about these petty unwritten rules and stop over thinking. Aside from cleaning this summer, I think that I need to push my limits again and step out of that comfort zone to fine that adventurous part of me.

Time to be spontaneous. Time to bring back those other things that made me who I am. Time to be daring..? Who knows. We'll see as summer continues.

1 comment: