Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Speak / Tell / Provoke/ Ask/ Confess

Sometimes I wish my guitar could write my feelings and thoughts for me. While there are times where one can truly tell an audience how they feel through music, the split second where all your pent up rage, frustration, curiosity, pain, suffering, love, joy, and *insert more random feelings here* release into your instrument, is hard to capture for others to see.

I honestly wish I could pour out that moment to let you know everything in my head. Maybe I'm just too defensive, or too shy to actually let that out and pounding my hand through 6 strings really fast is the weak way out. Or maybe I'm just really bad at explaining myself. Maybe I'll dig up that lyric journal I had from way back when and take a shot at writing songs again. Guess its time to get cracking.

It's like the song I linked below. I don't care for the song too much but I love the chorus.
"I've got 76 inches and 88 keys to get me where I want to be, it's not enough, it's not enough, it's not enough."

No comments:

Post a Comment