Thursday, October 14, 2010

Move

Move! Get up! Budge! Onwards! Go! Run! Sometimes it's so hard to just make myself move. Whether it be in my relationships, my work, or my passions, I always have that little problem of taking one foot and consistently placing it in front of the other. Even in terms of dance, why is it so hard sometimes to tell myself to move? I've heard some discouraging things about dance ministries and some specifically regarding Overflow. "What's the point of it?", "Why do you dance?", "I don't understand the skit?", and the worst of all "I'm just not blessed by watching them." While I shouldn't be dwelling on the last one, I feel like I need to remind myself why I dance and who in specifically I dance for. I am NOT going to get discouraged, and I am NOT going to worry for I know God will deliver me to the places he wants me to get to. It's just a matter waiting upon Him and letting it happen.

That's why this year, my goal for myself and for Overflow is that we truly let ourself express our praise and worship through dance. To be totally immersed in Him and to let our movements show how passionate our praise is. You don't have to get it, but hopefully you can see that the reason why I dance, we dance, is because there is someone moving in us. That's why we're Overflow. As He who never stops pouring into us continually invests and blesses us, we will always be pouring ourselves out into those around us that our bodies, minds, and spirits overflow through prayer, fellowship, and motions. This is just the beginning. I pray to see God move us in miraculous ways this year and especially as we prepare for the Passion Revival in two weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm blessed watching you guys. Looking forward to another amazing show like the one last spring!!

    ReplyDelete